I swear I have spent more time in the doctors office over the last 4 months than ever. Just got back from taking Jasmin into Urgent Care. She was wheezing and coughing so bad, and just crying that she hurt. I felt awful for her.
They gave her a breathing treatment, prescribed 3 different meds and sent us on our way. I am waiting to hear if she has RSV. The only thing I knew about RSV is that it is really bad in newborns, I didn't think older kids got it. After a little research (thanks Google!) its just a bad cold. Sweet.
So tell me this, if its just a bad cold, why then did the prescriptions cost almost $100??? Or I should say, why does the mask for her new inhaler cost $64 and is not covered by insurance??? I mean really, insurance companies expect a toddler to use an inhaler like an adult would?
Sorry, off on a tangent there. After her breathing treatment the wheezing is much better. I am hoping she is not up all night again. **fingers crossed**
13 years ago
Poor Jasmin I hope she feels better soon. Poor mommy that is expensive!
ReplyDeleteAw feel better Jasmin!!! and ugh on the insurance - dummies!
ReplyDeleteFeeling your pain, its like we pay all this money monthly to have medical insurance only to still have to pay an arm and a leg just to see the doc. I'm starting to feel like the docs get a kick back from the drug companies and thats why they always prescribe the expensive stuff.
ReplyDelete